About Me

My photo
I've been a nature and wildlife photographer for years but stepped into the world of of portrait and wedding photography five years ago. I soon discovered that a lot of the skills gained and "lessons learned" through nature photography are very important to capturing great images of people too. You may want to book me now for your wedding, senior, family or portrait session. Soon I'll be in demand.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The best Maine has to offer



Yesterday was a great day here in Maine! I got up really early and went to Lewiston to watch the hot air balloon festival. What a great site! There were 20-30 hot air balloons all taking off at the same time (dawn!) I'll have some more photos to post soon but here is a sample of what's to come!



After the balloon festival we went to the Farmer's Market in Deering Oaks Park in Portland and got some local produce. Maybe I'll have a kitchen soon to cook it in! (We're supposed to close on our new place this week! Yeah, no more hotels!)


In the evening we went up to Freeport and watched a free concert by Ingrid Michaeson at the LL Bean stage. She was fantastic and it was a really great night! Besides her own great music she did a cover of Radiohead's "Freak" that was awesome!


Today is about getting caught up and ready for this week. I still haven't gotten out much to take photos but things should slow down a little soon.


There certainly isn't any shortage of beautiful places to shoot in the area. Below is from early morning trip I took to Cape Elizabeth. (Foggy, waves, lighthouses. Basically coastal Maine.)


No comments: