About Me

My photo
I've been a nature and wildlife photographer for years but stepped into the world of of portrait and wedding photography five years ago. I soon discovered that a lot of the skills gained and "lessons learned" through nature photography are very important to capturing great images of people too. You may want to book me now for your wedding, senior, family or portrait session. Soon I'll be in demand.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Photo A Day













Recently I received the monthly e-newsletter from the Rocky Mountain School of Photography here in Missoula, MT. In the newsletter the schools director included a slideshow of a project he had done where he took photographs everyday and chose one that he liked best for inclusion in his project. While I was reading it, I realized that I encounter memorable and beautiful things everyday. Often times as a photographer I look for "the picture", perfect lighting, beautiful subjects, the exceptional. I also realized that, as a part-time professional photographer, I can go days without touching my camera; that's not good! So I decided that I too would do a photo a day project and see what I come up with. I'm half way through the month now and am having a great time with it. I'm shooting on my lunch breaks, at night or any other time I get a chance. Some days I love my results, some days not so much, but the exercise is a great one. Here are a few of the "keepers" so far. I will post the whole month later on.





















Dont' forget that Valentine's Day is coming up! There's nothing like a great photo shoot to show your love! Hint, hint.

No comments: